The Open Philanthropy Project recommended a total of approximately $1,135,000 over five years in PhD fellowship support to seven machine learning researchers.1 The recipients represent the first class of our AI Fellows Program, and you can read more about the intention of the program and the selected fellows here. Recipients include:
- Aditi Raghunathan, Stanford University
- Chris Maddison, University of Oxford
- Felix Berkenkamp, ETH Zurich
- Jon Gauthier, MIT
- Michael Janner, UC Berkeley
- Noam Brown, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ruth Fong, University of Oxford
This falls within our focus area of potential risks from advanced artificial intelligence.
- 1. This is an estimate because of uncertainty around future year tuition costs and currency exchange rates.