The United States incarcerates its residents at a higher rate than any other major country. We believe that local, state and federal governments can significantly reduce the use of incarceration and criminalization, averting substantial human and economic costs, while making communities safer. We believe that this issue presents an unusual degree of political opportunity, due to a recent confluence of progressive and conservative interest in reform and the increasing public attention to the problem.
If you are a funder interested in criminal justice reform, we are happy to work with you to identify the best giving opportunities. We are eager to work in partnership with other funders and share information to help resources go to the best work. If interested, please email email@example.com.
A complete list of our grants in the area of Criminal Justice Reform can be found here. Grants include:
- Alliance for Safety and Justice — General Support
- Dignity and Power Now — JusticeLA Campaign
- American Conservative Union — Center for Criminal Justice Reform
- Legislative Strategies for Prosecutorial Reform: Phase 1, Exploring Possibilities
- Housing and Incarceration Memorandum
- Reentry Landscape Memorandum