The Century Fellowship is a 2-year program that supports people early in their careers who want to work on challenges the world may face this century that could have a lasting and significant impact on the long-term future.1
We aim to empower early-career individuals to start ambitious projects, tackle difficult problems, and address key bottlenecks in areas such as biosecurity and pandemic preparedness, potential risks from advanced artificial intelligence, and expanding the talent pool of people interested in working to make the future better, as well as other areas with potential long-term relevance.2 Each year, we select a small group of early-career individuals and give them the resources and support to pursue whatever projects they believe to be most impactful.
- Base fellowship funding starting at $100,000 per year.
- $10,000 per year in funding for personal development and productivity improvements.
- A $14,050 per year health insurance stipend for Fellows in the US.3
- Funding for travel to relevant conferences and workshops.
Help starting something new:
- Seed funding for for-profit or non-profit start-ups, including funding for up to 5 full-time-equivalent collaborators.4
- For those working to support university student groups relevant to our priority areas, we automatically offer $100,000 per year in dedicated funding for group expenses, with more available upon request.
- Access to legal advice, tax advice, and assistance setting up new entities.
- Expedited processing for additional funding requests to help promising projects scale.
Support from a broader network:
- Connections to Fellows and professionals working in similar areas.
- Advice from funders and impact-focused founders in our network.
- At least one month of access to large coworking offices (including catered lunches and dinners) shared with major organizations working to improve the long-term future (location and space permitting).