Grant investigator: Bastian Stern
This page was reviewed but not written by the grant investigator. Scholarship recipients also reviewed the page prior to publication.
Open Philanthropy recommended a total of approximately $284,430 over two years in flexible support to enable eight early-career individuals to pursue work and study related to improving the long-term future.1 We sought applications for this funding here. Recipients include:
- Emefa Agawu, career development
- Ben Greenberg, self-study and research related to AI safety
- Julian Hazell, self-study on AI governance
- Petra Kosonen, PhD in philosophy at the University of Oxford
- Aidan Mackenzie, congressional internship
- Anish Upadhayay, participation in an online course on deep reinforcement learning
- Michael Yang, self-study related to technology policy and AI policy
- Rustam Zayanov, Master’s in Data Science and Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico
We are still in the process of finalizing scholarship recipients and will update the list above as recipients are confirmed.
This falls under our work aimed at growing the community of people working to improve the long-run future.
- 1. This is an estimate because of uncertainty around tuition costs and currency exchange rates in future years. This number may be updated as costs are finalized.