Billions of animals each year are treated cruelly on factory farms. We believe that raising awareness of current practices and pushing for reform could reduce animal suffering by enormous amounts, yet we see relatively little attention on this issue from major animal welfare groups.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- Jeanne Marchig Centre — Farm Animal Welfare Advocacy in China (2019)
- UC Berkeley — Alternative Meats Lab
- Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research — Egg Tech Challenge
- Animal Welfare Standards Project — Chinese Animal Welfare Institute
- Global Animal Partnership — Farm Animal Welfare Activities
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Grants to Support Farm Animal Welfare Work in China
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms