Factory farms confine tens of billions of animals globally in cruel conditions. We’ve seen that advocacy, including reforms to phase out the worst practices and work to promote alternatives, can improve the lives of billions of animals. Yet we see little philanthropic attention to the issue.
If you are a funder interested in farm animal welfare, we are happy to work with you to identify the best giving opportunities. We are eager to work in partnership with other funders and share information to help resources go to the best work. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- GLOBALG.A.P. — Fish Welfare Standards
- Material Innovation Initiative — Plant-Based Fashion Alternatives
- Vegan Women Summit — Plant- and Cell-Based Startup Pitch Competition
- The Humane League — Open Wing Alliance (2020)
- World Animal Net — Broiler Chicken and Pig Welfare Guidelines
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog Post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Staff - 2019
- Blog post: Will Companies Make Good on Cage-Free Pledges?
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms