Billions of animals each year are treated cruelly on factory farms. We believe that raising awareness of current practices and pushing for reform could reduce animal suffering by enormous amounts, yet we see relatively little attention on this issue from major animal welfare groups.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- Brighter Green — Farm Animal Welfare Advocacy (2020)
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals — Broiler Chicken Welfare Outreach
- Animal Equality — Cage-Free and Broiler Welfare
- Krystal Caldwell and Sydney Heiss — Farm Animal Welfare Research
- ActAsia — Reduce Fur Demand in Asia (2020)
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog Post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Staff - 2019
- Blog post: Will Companies Make Good on Cage-Free Pledges?
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms