Billions of animals each year are treated cruelly on factory farms. We believe that raising awareness of current practices and pushing for reform could reduce animal suffering by enormous amounts, yet we see relatively little attention on this issue from major animal welfare groups.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- The Humane League — Open Wing Alliance (2020)
- World Animal Net — Broiler Chicken and Pig Welfare Guidelines
- Catalyst — Farm Animal Welfare in Thailand
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals — Farm Animal Welfare Advocacy in Asia (2020)
- Group Nine Media — Factory Farming Videos (2020)
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog Post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Staff - 2019
- Blog post: Will Companies Make Good on Cage-Free Pledges?
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms