Billions of animals each year are treated cruelly on factory farms. We believe that raising awareness of current practices and pushing for reform could reduce animal suffering by enormous amounts, yet we see relatively little attention on this issue from major animal welfare groups.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- World Animal Protection — Broiler Chicken Welfare (2019)
- FAI Farms — Tilapia Welfare
- Anima — Movement Building
- FAI Farms — Promoting Cage Free Eggs in China
- Compassion in World Farming — Farm Animal Welfare Advocacy in China (2019)
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog post: Will Companies Make Good on Cage-Free Pledges?
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms