Billions of animals each year are treated cruelly on factory farms. We believe that raising awareness of current practices and pushing for reform could reduce animal suffering by enormous amounts, yet we see relatively little attention on this issue from major animal welfare groups.
A complete list of our grants in the area of farm animal welfare can be found here. Grants include:
- Global Food Partners — General Support
- Albert Schweitzer Foundation — General Support (2019)
- World Animal Protection — Broiler Chicken Welfare (August 2019)
- Mercy for Animals — Corporate Campaigns (2019)
- Eurogroup for Animals — European Union Trade Strategy
- Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter Archive
- Blog post: Will Companies Make Good on Cage-Free Pledges?
- Blog post: Suggestions for Individual Donors from Open Philanthropy Project Staff - 2018
- Blog post: Fish: The Forgotten Farm Animal
- Blog post: New Report on the Welfare Differences Between Cage and Cage-Free Housing
- Blog post: Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Blog post: Initial Grants to Support Corporate Cage-free Reforms